Monday, July 26, 2010

One more diet bullet dodged

Imagine my horror when my friends scheduled a trip to Cold Stone Creamery!

If you're not familiar with the place, it's an ice cream shop with tons of neat flavors, and you can get all kinds of stuff (fruit, nuts, sprinkles, brownies, candy bars) mixed in with your scoop. I was not happy about this because even a small plain scoop of ice cream has somewhere in the neighborhood of 300 - 400 calories and I knew it would do nothing but make me want more, or wish I could have a bigger serving in a better flavor.

So, I told them I don't like ice cream, which is true enough. I'm not a big sweets person. I appreciate chocolate and eat cake and brownies for the carbs, but I would take a slice of good bread over ice cream any day. It is just not worth the calories for me.

Everyone felt bad that I haven't been participating in the ice cream and milkshake runs, but I know it's for the best.

The one big problem is that my boyfriend got a HUGE waffle cone with brownies and sprinkles mixed in, ate maybe a tenth of it, and shoved it in the freezer. I KNOW I am going to go and eat it all if he doesn't get it out of there soon, and he'll get mad if I throw it out. He's the kind of guy who always wants to buy ice cream and never eats more than a couple spoonfuls, so it sits and gets gross and icy and freezer burned unless I eat it all. In the past few months I've finished three or four pints of ice cream for him even though he never gets flavors I like.

I will just have to deal with it. It will be hardest tonight after dinner, when my inner fat kid comes out and starts whining for treats all the way up to bedtime, but she really needs to learn to quiet down already. I can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment