Sunday, July 25, 2010

Wow.

I am so proud of myself right now. I've just dodged two major diet bullets.

First, my boyfriend wanted to go to Starbucks. I admit I'm the one who mentioned it and got him all excited. I was desperately craving a java chip frappuccino. I kept telling myself the light one is only 110 calories, but of course I don't really want the light one. I want the large one with whole milk, whipped cream, and extra chocolate chips. So I told myself I didn't really want it and he was convinced not to go out. I still do want it, but with no one to drive me I'm not getting it.

Then, the friend who's coming over called and offered to stop for milkshakes.

My first thought was: Okay, I'm giving in. I can start again tomorrow.

But if I do that I know I'll think the same thing tomorrow and the next day, and regain the few pounds I've lost and more.

I refused. It's going to be tough sitting around when two people are slurping on big, delicious, creamy shakes, but I looked up the nutrition facts of the one I would've ordered, a small mint cookies n' cream shake.

It has one thousand calories.

I'm not kidding. It has 34 grams of fat too. I'm a little disgusted - I could eat almost two whole pints of ice cream for that. Hopefully this revulsion will last long enough to get me through the night until those damned shakes are out of my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment